At Queen Village Neighbors Association (“QVNA”), we are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Policy explains what personal information we collect, when and why we collect personal information about people who visit our website, how we use it, the conditions under which we may disclose it to others and how we keep it secure.
We may change this Policy from time to time and may do so for any reason, without notice to you, other than the posting of the amended Policy on our Site. You should check our Site frequently to see the current Policy that is in effect and any changes that may have been made to it.
The effective date of this Policy is May 25, 2018.
The Data Controller
The data controller in respect of our website is Queen Village Neighbors Association, located at 415 Queen Street, Philadelphia, PA 19147. You can contact the data controller by writing to this address or by sending an email to email@example.com.
The data controller’s representative is Lucy Erdelec. You can contact the data controller’s representative by writing to P.O. Box 63763, Philadelphia, PA 19147 or sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any questions regarding this Policy should be directed to the data controller.
Data processors are those individuals or entities that maintain and process personal data according to instruction from the data controller, or according to its own standards.
QVNA uses the following third-parties to process personal data:
- Automattic – https://automattic.com/privacy/
- Google Web Fonts – https://developers.google.com/fonts/faq
- Stripe – https://stripe.com/us/privacy/
- PayPal – https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full
- MailChimp – https://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/
We encourage you to read the privacy policies of these data processers as their respective policies will govern the processing of your personal information.
What personal information do we collect?
The types of personal information we collect include the following:
- your name;
- your address;
- your email address;
- your phone number;
- your payment information;
- information about your computer (e.g. your IP address); and
- information about how you use our website.
QVNA does not collect sensitive personal information.
How do we collect personal information from you?
QVNA collects personal information from you when you provide it to us. For example, we collect personal information when you submit information to us (i) through email; (ii) by phone; (iii) in writing; (iv) an online form or other method (such as contacting us through our “Contact Us” website functions); (v) in person; (vi) when you order products and services; and (vii) when you register to receive our Company newsletters. QVNA may also collect personal information that is provided from third-parties.
Why do we collect personal information from you?
QVNA collects personal information because it uses this information to improve, maintain, provide and enhance its products and services. Further, QVNA has a legitimate business interest in improving, maintaining, providing and enhancing its products and services. Accordingly, QVNA collects personal information from you for its legitimate business interest. We will keep your personal information as long as we have a legitimate business or legal need to do so.
How do we secure your personal information that we collect from you?
QVNA has implemented and currently maintains an information security program that includes administrative, technical, and physical safeguards and other security measures necessary to help (a) ensure the security, confidentiality, and integrity of your personal information; (b) protect against any anticipated threats or hazards to the security, confidentiality, and integrity of your personal information; (c) protect against unauthorized access to, destruction, modification, disclosure or use of your personal information; and (d) detect and respond to security incidents involving your personal information. We permit persons working for us to access and use your personal information only to serve our legitimate business and our customers’ service needs, in accordance with this Policy.
Sharing your Personal Information
- Our service providers: We may share your personal information with our third-party services providers, who help us provide and support our business-related functions.
- Any competent law enforcement body, regulatory body, government agency, court or other third-party if we believe disclosure is necessary (i) as a matter of applicable law or regulation; (ii) to exercise, establish or defend our legal rights; or (iii) to protect your vital interests or those of any other person.
- A potential buyer (and its agents and advisors) in the case of a sale, merger, consolidation, liquidation, reorganization, acquisition or similar type transaction.
Transferring your Personal Information
If you are visiting our website from outside the United States, please be aware that you are sending your personal information to the United States where our servers are located. That information may then be transferred within the United States or back out of the United States to other countries outside of your country of residence, depending on the type of information.
Individuals who receive our Company newsletter via email can opt-out of receiving these emails from us at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of our newsletter.
When providing personal information is mandatory
In order to access some of the services on our website, you will need to register for an account. Registering for an account requires you to provide certain personal information. In these situations, if you choose to withhold any personal information requested by us, you will not gain access to our services that require an account registration. If you decide to provide your personal information and register for an account, you may delete your account at any time, in which case, we will delete your personal information.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the following individual rights are provided to data subjects within the EU and European Economic Area (EEA):
- The Right to be Informed: this Policy is intended to provide the necessary information to inform all data subjects.
- The Right to Access: Data subjects have the right to obtain a copy of their personal information collected by QVNA, subject to limited exceptions.
- The Right to Rectification: Data subjects have the right to have inaccurate personal information rectified or have incomplete personal information completed.
- The Right to Erasure: Data subjects have the right to have personal information erased, subject to limited exceptions. This is otherwise known as the “right to be forgotten.”
- The Right to Restrict Processing: Data subjects have the right to restrict the processing of their personal information in certain circumstances, subject to limited exceptions.
- The Right to Data Portability: Data subjects have the right to receive personal information they have provided to a controller in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to request that a control transmit the data directly to another controller.
- The Right to Object: Data subjects have the right to object to the processing of their personal information, subject to limited exceptions.
- Rights Related to Automated Decision Making: Data subjects must receive specific information about automated decision making, including profiling.QVNA does not use automated decision making.
- The Right to Complain: Data subjects have the right to complain to the relevant supervisory authority.
QVNA’s website may contain links to other websites which are outside our control and are not covered by this Policy (“Third-Party Websites”). If you access Third-Party Websites using the links provided, the operators of such sites may collect information from you which will be used by them in accordance with their own privacy policies, which may differ from ours. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of those Third-Party Websites so that you understand if/how they collect and/or use information from you or your computer.