Saturday, April 17th: Recycle Electronics & Shred Documents

In honor of Earth Day, QVNA is hosting an electronic recycling and document shredding event on Saturday, April 17th from 10am to 1pm at Weccacoe Playground, 400 Catharine Street.

Residents and businesses are urged to bring old or obsolete electronics, peripherals, cords, small appliances, audio equipment, cameras, phones, scanners, printers, CDs, VCR tapes, microwaves, window air conditioners and TVs for free eco-friendly recycling.

In addition, in an effort to help everyone protect their identities printed on old documents, on-site paper shredding will be available.

This event has been made possible through the generosity of State Rep. Mary Isaacson.  To discover why it is vital to e-Cycle and shred documents, read the article appearing in the Spring issue of the Queen Village Quarterly Crier here.

ALCOHOL-LICENSED Business Complaint Form

When neighbors hear, see or experience nuisance behavior inside or immediately outside an alcohol-licensed business, please report it here. The link is always available from QVNA’s homepage: It is NOT a substitute for calling 911. Each submitted report notifies law enforcement and government officials immediately and simultaneously.

What is reportable NUISANCE behavior by an alcohol-licensed business?
  • Alcohol from the business being brought outside
  • Minors consuming alcohol
  • Drug use
  • Crowd control issues
  • Loud noise or music
  • Loud and boisterous crowds
  • Fights
  • Trash & debris

Anonymous complaints are NOT accepted on this website. They are accepted by the Bureau of Liquor Control Enforcement at 1-800-932-0602 or here.

Apply for a Community Grant

Apply Now for a Community Grant

QVNA is accepting applications for our Community Grant Program until noon on Wednesday, April 14, 2021.

QVNA Community Grants provide funding to help improve the quality of life of Queen Village residents.  We accept grant requests for a wide range of projects and programs, such as enhancing parks, gardens, playgrounds, clean & green projects, block beautification, and historic preservation. We also accept grant applications for in-school, after-school, and summer academic and/or learning enrichment programs.

Click here to find more information about grant program eligibility, application review  and a listing of projects and programs that have been funded in past years.