An Multi-Community Town Hall is scheduled for 6:00 pm on Wednesday, May 5th. This urgent meeting with City Leaders is focused on the escalating safety issues around ATVs, dirt bikes, slingshots and modified motorcycles of all sizes. They speed down residential and commercial streets, pedestrian sidewalks, ride against traffic, disregard stop signs and lights, and hold up traffic to congregate or perform stunts. What once was a summer occurrence has now developed into year-round behavior.
The goal is a funded and sustainable plan of action from City Leaders. City leaders have the power to change how the police and other city agencies manage this issue. Residents need a combined platform to demonstrate the regular experience of this aggressive and dangerous safety issue. This Multi-Community Town Hall, sponsored by Queen Village Neighbors Association, will be live streamed on its Facebook page.
Confirmed City Leaders include:
- Tumar Alexander, City Managing Director
- Joel Dales, Police Deputy Commissioner
- Rich Montanez, Streets Deputy Commissioner
- Chance Lee, Assistant District Attorney
- Mike Lee, Assistant District Attorney
- Councilman Mark Squilla, 1st District
- Councilman Allan Domb, At-Large
- Councilman Derek Green, At-Large