SUMMER AT COURTYARD
2017 Program Coordinator Position Description
Queen Village Neighbors Association (QVNA) is in the planning stage for the third annual Summer at Courtyard, a summer enrichment partnership based out of Courtyard Apartments, 1021 S. 4th Street. The Program Coordinator position requires a six week commitment (June 26-August 3), Monday-Thursday from 8:30am-2:30pm to help oversee approximately 35 children ages 5-11, counselors and volunteers.
- daily scheduling of walking trips, bus trips as well as the start and end of camp days
- creating and managing intake forms, permission slips, volunteer forms and daily attendance sheets
- climate management of youth counselors, junior counselors, campers & volunteers
- Assisting in schedule planning, rainy day scenarios, managing the play yard and a system for managing Recreational Center play time.
Qualifications – Required
- First Aid and CPR certification plus clearances
- Enjoy working with & engaging children
- Dynamic personality that has children follow your lead
- Leadership confidence and ability to plan, organize, and implement program activities
- Demonstrate ability to think on your feet
- Follow a schedule
- Must have the physical ability to lead and participate in events
- Walk several miles with the children
- Assist / physical support children when needed for safety during camp activities
The Program Coordinator stipend is $3,600.00 for the summer hours listed above. Additional funds, to be paid on an hourly basis, are available for the expected planning hours over the spring, 2017. Summer at Courtyard Program Coordinators report to the to the cooperative partnership made up of QVNA, The Courtyard Residents Council, Better Tomorrows and Interstate Realty Management Company.
Please submit your resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 29, 2017.