During the holiday season, there is often an increased amount of Parcel Thefts. Below are some tips to help prevent your delivered items from being stolen.
- Request a tracking number on all shipments. This allows you to see when an item will be delivered so you can plan ahead to pick it up.
- Request a Signature Delivery Option. The package cannot be delivered without a signature and will not be left unattended on your front stoop.
- Request a drop off time that works with your schedule.
- Make a request to hold the package at one of the shipping service’s facilities.
- Make a request with the delivery service to leave the package at a side door or back porch to conceal the package from the general public.
- Ask your employer if your packages can be delivered to your place of work.
- Have packages delivered to the home of a relative or close family friend.
- If shopping at a major retailer, use the ship to store feature or an Amazon locker.
- Invest in a parcel locker for your home.