South Street Headhouse District has plenty of tricks and treats for children and adults of all ages during the neighborhood’s annual Halloween festivities.
On Saturday, October 29, 2016, from Noon to 5:00pm, PumpkinFest returns to Headhouse Square (2nd and Lombard) with circus performances, horse and wagon hay rides, live music, shopping, seasonal bites, straw bale maze, face painting and new costume contests. Businesses will open their doors for trick or treaters (12 and under) from 3:00pm to 6:00pm.
Festivities to include:
* Horse and wagon hay rides on the cobblestone-lined streets around Society Hill and South Street neighborhoods. Rides are free and begin at the edge of the Shambles at 2nd and Lombard.
* Get lost in the middle of South Street’s straw bale maze with enough twists and turns to challenge both younger children and their parents. Bring your phones charged, as this is also the perfect family selfie spot!
* Philadelphia School of Circus Arts/ Airplay Entertainment will perform amazing aerial feats plus show off some ghoulish ground tricks. SMultiple shows all afternoon. LIve music aslo provided by Mr John Music & Bridge Set Sound.
* Halloween is about giving back too! Bring gently used winter coats for One Warm Coat (www.onewarmcoat.org) to provide for those in need in advance of winter season.
*Commonwealth Ciders and Philadelphia Brewing Company will be on site providing refreshing beverages for adults.
* 101.1 More FM will provide music, balloon art and giveaways – please thank them for being a sponsor this year too!
* Make and take crafts for children including coloring your own trick-or-treat bags, pumpkin decorating and other crafts by our friends at Philly Art Center.
* Costume contest for all ages, with special categories for most creative costume, scariest costume, and best family ensemble. Judging starts at 3:00pm, with prizes provided by South Street Headhouse businesses.
* South Street businesses will formally open their doors to welcome all the boos and ghouls dressed up in costume from 3:00pm to 6:00pm. Pick up your list at PumpkinFest and look for four foot ghosts hanging outside all participating businesses. Children should be 12 and under, and be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
Festivities are free, with food and drink pay-as-you-go.